Our unique clinic provides expert and tailored care for men, women and children. Over time we have built a network of like minded but diverse professionals to work together and serve your individual needs.
NOW TAKING ONLINE BOOKINGS
- Sports & Spinal Strength Physiotherapy
- Clinical Exercise
- Exercise Physiology
- Dry Kidz
- Lactation Consultant
- Remedial Massage Therapy & Dry Needling
- Private Yoga Instruction & Consultants
PREGNANCY & BEYOND CENTRE
We are proud to launch our new pregnancy specific services. Please let us assist with all your questions and direct you to the appropriate clinician for your specific needs.
Sports & Spinal Strength Physiotherapy
Simon has a passion for treating acute musculoskeletal and sporting injuries, with a special interest in knee and lower back conditions.
Katherine’s special interests include physiotherapy treatment of musculoskeletal conditions (particularly those involving the spine and pelvis) and exercise rehabilitation, especially in the area of Women’s Health. She enjoys a hands-on approach to her treatment using techniques such as joint mobilisation, massage and dry needling.
DryKidz – Bedwetting, toilet training, alarm therapy, Daytime incontinence, bladder and bowel problems
A qualified and experienced Continence & Urology Nurse to assist families overcome problems with children’s continence.
Dry Kidz is her children’s practice, and Terri is the sole practitioner, so you can be assured that your child is always seen by a qualified health professional.
• Day time incontinence (day wetting)
• Toilet training problems
• Confidential, individual assessment of your child’s problem
• Individualised management combining a number of treatment options (if appropriate) to best suit your child’s situation
• Guidance, encouragement and support to both you and your child
• Liaison with your health care professional if appropriate
CLINICAL EXERCISE IS AN EXERCISE BASED THERAPY THAT :
- Promotes recruitment of the core muscles which stabalise our spine
- Helps to stretch out the spine in a safe and controlled manner
- Improve the strength of our important muscle groups
Clinical exercise has been shown to reduce pain levels and improve overall functioning in people who suffer from chronic ailments, including low back pain.
Clinical exercise is also a great form of exercise for fit and uninjured people who would like to have a tailored program to improve, strength, flexibility and posture.
CLINICAL EXERCISE VS GYM EXERCISE
- Supervision by highly trained physiotherapist Gym instructor
- Takes into account age, flexibility, injury, posture and focuses on correct recruitment of core muscles vs Generic exercises.
- Small group of 1-2 vs Large group with less supervision
- Program tailored to individuals vs Generic exercises
WHY IS AN INITIAL 1:1 SESSION REQUIRED?
This is what makes our Clinical Exercise “Clinical.” This session is essential for us to be able to create a program specifically for you. During this session we will work out which exercises are most suitable for your spine, familiarise you with our equipment and provide you with some exercises to take home with you.
We can provide one on one care for a variety of breastfeeding issues. This may be before baby arrives planning, immediately after baby arrives challenges, cry / fuss problems, weight issues, and sleep issues. With a Neurodevelopmental Care model ( Possums ) approach, based on current infant brain and breastfeeding research.
Accredited Exercise Physiologists are university qualified allied health professionals who specialise in the delivery of exercise, lifestyle and behavioural modification. Exercise Physiologists individualise design and facilitate exercise programs and group exercise classes for rehabilitation, prevention and management of chronic disease and injuries. The group exercise programs available at Pelvic Strength Physiotherapy are designed specifically for those clients to help with weight management, and to improve their balance, aerobic fitness, strength and general well being as well as disease specific programs.
We can help with the following conditions:
• High blood pressure
• High Cholesterol
• Bypass surgery or stents
• Heart attack
• Heart failure
• Other cardiac surgery including valve replacement or valve dysfunction and pacemaker insertion
• Muscle wastage (atrophy/sarcopenia)
• Low bone density (Osteoporosis/osteopenia)
• History of falls or at risk of a fall
• Severe osteoarthritis (not needing weight loss)
• Neurological conditions such as Multiple sclerosis, Parkinson
• Cancer (to help reduce fatigue, improve bone density, help tolerate chemo & improve overall health)
• General weight loss
• Metabolic Syndrome
• Sleep Apnoea
Exercise Physiology services are claimable through most private health funds. We also accept Medicare Enhanced Primary Health Care Plans and Medicare Allied Health Group Services for clients with Type 2 Diabetes.
Remedial Massage Therapy & Dry Needling
Experience the myotherapy difference
Our Myotherapist , Remedial Massage Therapist and Dry Needler is experienced in treating:
• Pre and post natal ladies
• Chronic overuse disorders
• Soft tissue injuries
• Back pain
• Joint condtions
• Stress and anxiety disorders
• Rehab pre and post operative
Private Yoga Instruction & Consultants
Feel vibrant, alive & replenished with a yoga & meditation practice made just for you.
Yoga and meditation give your body the support to access it’s own healing abilities, strengthen immune function, enhance healing, decrease stress levels and promote a positive mental outlook. Whether you are recovering from surgery, dealing with illness, are pregnant or a new mum, or just want to maintain good health, Larissa Haramis’ gentle and safe blend of therapeutic yoga and mindfulness meditation is personalised to your body and your individual health requirements.
Working privately provides the opportunity to develop a trusted relationship, in a safe and nurturing space, where we can address your specific needs and work within your limitations. You will be guided through a tailored home practice designed to help you reach your individual health and well being goals.
There’s a lot of confusing information out there about what is and what isn’t good for us, particularly when it comes to food and nutrition. A dietitian is able to assess your diet and identify whether or not what you eat supports a healthy lifestyle. Whilst we are equipped treating numerous nutrition-related conditions, areas of specialty include:
Our knowledgeable reception staff can assist you with all questions and concerns
293 Dorset Rd
Croydon Victoria 3136
(Parking at the rear)
(03) 9724 9755
(03) 9723 5282
Monday - Friday : 8:00am to 9:00pm
Saturday - 8:00am to 4:00pm
Consulting Suites B
262 Mountain Highway
(03) 9210 7300
Thursday : 8:30am to 1:00pm
Monday : 8am to 5pm
Tuesday : 8am to 7pm
Wednesday : 8am to 5pm
Thursday : 8pm to 8pm
Friday : 8am to 5pm
Saturday : 8am to 12pm